Ron and Debbie LaBerge- Rimbey, AB
On Labour Day of 2012 I retired in my 63rd year. Prior to retirement I had concerns, questions and a need for direction with the following points:
- Have we accumulated enough wealth?
- What should our portfolio balance look like?
- How does the portfolio maintain the best return on investment?
- Where is the balance between energy, health and wealth?
- What are the regulations / functions of a LIF, RIF, annuity, etc?
- How does the retirement projected income flow work?
- What is the proper balance of RRSP V/S non registered savings?
- What is the proper balance of spousal RRSPs?
- What choice of money placement pool should be spent first?
- What money management is best for tax purposes?
- Will the survivor income be sufficient?
- How are the funds time coordinated for large expenditure as per gifting, new vehicle etc?
I contacted my company human resources department and my group pension provider and received poor responses to my questions, concerns and need for direction. My company human resources department served me well as a working employee but did not have a package in place to address my retirement concerns. My thought now is this oil company is in the business of profit and employee retention through a benefit plan but for retirement it is important to seek outside professional help. The group pension provider showed interest in retaining the pension fund as per an investment portfolio but offered less / no value as a retirement fund and to address my questions, concerns and need for direction. In all those years of contributions I never once received a phone call when investments matured; nor was I offered suggestions on better placement of funds. The only phone call I received was from a trouble shooter asking questions as to why we are transferring funds to FSG. The answers to his questions were very easy. FSG offered a personal, professional service with better rates of return. I expressed my disappointment regarding the fact that a large group pension fund offering much lower interest returns than a private fund. Why can FSG offer better service and rates than this big pension provider with a very large employee based group pension account?
What has Financial Services Group Done for Us?
- Helped plan our retirement future offering comfort as per our life style needs.
- Suggested a conservative low risk investment vehicle to buckle up for the market crash for which we are very thankful to FSG.
- Called us, upon renewal of investments, suggesting the best placement and terms for better returns.
- Used their years of history to support our thoughts of balance between energy, health and wealth.
- Offered a professional understanding of the regulations and functions of the LIF, RIF annuities offering us direction to make a comfortable choice.
- Presented us with a conservative detailed indexed retirement income flow projection with time- coordinated large expense allotment.
- Offered us a balanced plan as per RRSP versus non-registered savings and spousal RRSP's.
- Suggested the best order in which to spend the money placement pool and management for best tax solutions.
- Proved to me the importance of choosing a retirement day. Setting a target resolved the frustration of procrastination.
- Demonstrated the value of a small business offering a personal, trusting and caring service.
Financial Services Group you are very good at what you do. Thank you for all your help making my retirement transition comfortable.